In a general and simplified explanation, the steps of custom clearances for imported products are as follow:
- Importer Identification Number (API).
- Tax ID (NPWP).
- Customs Registration Number (NIK).
- Notification of Imported Goods (PIB).
- Tax and custom deposit letter.
- Packing list.
- Bill of lading (Dokumen Pengangkatan Barang or B/L).
- Insurance document.
Once the custom is cleared, importer will be issued Customs Clearance Approval Certificate (Surat Perintah Pengeluaran Barang or SPPB).
Importer will be able to release the goods from custom by enclosing:
- Delivery order from shipping agency.